Tuesday 25 June 2019

Microsoft IDC intern

Oh! It's been a long time.

From the time of my last post, tons of things have happened. Some of those things are, got my first backlog in engineering (that also in my fav subject, surviving in SPPU is tough), interned (SWE) at Microsoft IDC, interned (SWE) at ClearTax India and started working as Software Development Engineer at Amazon India. So, I got a lot to cover, which I will do in 2-3 posts. This post is about Microsoft intern.



It was a great experience interning at Microsoft. I was part of Azure Alert management team. Being a competitive programmer it was my first time working on something which was actually going to make an impact on real world. I can't talk much about the project due to the NDA I signed, but I had an ambiguous and interesting problem to solve. It was fun (and frustrating at times) working on that project. But I am glad, I got a chance to meet cool and smart people during that intern. I got to learn a lot.  

Some people might be interested in how did got this intern. It was an off campus drive, one of my senior referred me. People from different IITs, NITs, IIITs, BITS were there, so initially I was a bit nervous. But after 2nd round I was confident that I will get selected. That was my day and I was feeling it. I was the first guy who got selected that day. It was a real confidence booster. So, If you are interested in getting a software engineering job, work on basics of CS, algos and data-structures and you can crack any interview. Doing CP is the easiest and most interesting way to work on those skills.

I don't know what else to write. 

Cheers! 

  

2 comments: