Wednesday 26 June 2019

ClearTax India Intern

I got placed in ION Trading during campus placements. But I was not satisfied, I wanted to work at some good startup. I started to reach out to people on LinkedIn regarding openings in fast moving startups. Fortunately, I asked one of my seniors who was working in ClearTax and he agreed to share my resume with HR. 

I had one coding round, then code review, problem solving and data structures round and finally, hiring manager round. It was fun interviewing at ClearTax. As I was expecting,  I received a call from HR congratulating me. They wanted me to do an intern before joining as SWE. 

My intern started in mid of Feb 2019. Initially I joined as devops engineer intern. In second week of my intern after discussing it with Director of Engineering I got transferred to e-Filing team where I started working as SWE intern. 



I didn't got any individual project to work on. Some tasks were assigned to me in every sprint. I was working like every other engineer in my team. Everyday in stand-ups I used to tell what I did yesterday and what I am planning to do today like every other person in team. They use to treat me more like an FTE and less like an intern. I met great people there. My mentor was really cool and patient guy. 

Everybody was happy with my work and I received a full time offer from ClearTax for SWE. They were offering a good salary and it was really difficult to decide between ClearTax and Amazon. It was a great experience interning there. It was very different from my experience at Microsoft. Here I had more responsibilities and ownership of the work I was doing.

Cheers!

3 comments: